Special Note: on October 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM EST, Carl hosted a live streaming session which is part of a new series about building web applications. Click here for more information. The next live streaming session will be at 9:00 PM EST on Saturday, October 27, 2012 and will be available here.
Welcome to Computer Science for Everyone. I developed this website in an effort to provide easy to understand programming lessons and tutorials to anyone who wants to learn programming.
Register for free to earn points, track your progress, and get real-time answers to your questions.
The only information that will be asked of you is your desired username, your first name, and your desired password. This information will not be revealed without your consent.
Once you have registered, you will find a "Live Chat" bar at the bottom of your browser window which will enable you to join our live chatrooms.
If you haven't already, be sure to subscribe to our Reddit Page to be made aware of new lessons and other developments. Started in 2009, it has grown to over 12,000 subscribers.
Start with Course #1, and proceed through each lesson one at a time.
Along the way, you will continue to learn more about C and programming. Once you finish the first course, proceed to course #2, "Writing Basic Programs".
Because some people learn better by watching videos, and other people learn better by reading, every lesson is provided as both video and text whenever possible.
- Over 120 lessons, including more than 60 video lessons on programming, with new content and features being added regularly.
- A discussion area for every unit and lesson, monitored by Carl and other volunteers to make sure that you can receive quick answers to any programming question you have.
- Interactive quizzes built into each unit to test your understanding, and to help make sure that you master the material as you learn.
- An active community of over 12,000 members on Reddit that you can learn with, as learning a new skill with others increases your chances of success
This entire website and all of its features are offered entirely free of charge, however donations to help offset the cost of maintaining this site and providing new content are both welcome and appreciated.
Below is a list of all courses available.
Simply click on the course you wish to begin.
- #1 Click Here to Start Learning How To Write Programs Lesson 1 : Start here if you have little or no programming background. Even experienced programmers may find new and interesting details as well as a helpful refresher in this course.
- #2 Writing Basic Programs (After You Finish Course #1) In this course I will continue from where the last course ended by showing you how you can start writing more advanced programs, starting with a simple Tic-Tac-Toe game.
Remember, any time you ever get stuck or have a question, just feel free to ask in the discussion area below every lesson. Carl and a team of volunteers are always available to help you. Unlike a programming book, this is an interactive course.
If you know of anyone who would also be able to benefit from these lessons, please let them know that this resource exists.